Semperfli Straggle String Micro Chenille
What is Straggle String UV
At first glance Straggle String UV may seem like many of the other “fritz” type tying materials...Take a closer look though and you will find Straggle String UV is a carefully developed fly tying material and NOT just another off the peg product poached from the textiles trade.
A Few Facts
- Finer core than typical “fritz” type materials
- Widest range of natural fly tying colours available
- Colours chosen by and dyed by the Semperfli team
- Coded colours to integrate with the Semperfli dubbing system
- Reduced fibre density (less like a blob more like legs or a hackle)
- Reflective/refractive fibres provide insect-like iridescence
- Subtle UV properties give the impression of life-like movement
What can straggle string UV be used for?
The fact is it’s really up to you... but here are a few tips and tricks from the Semperfli team to get you started.
- The fine core means really slim bodies are possible. Try SF3300 on a curved hook for a fantastic bloodworm pattern or any of the natural colours under a shellback for a superb (and very quick to tie) shrimp.
- Lower fibre density coupled with fine core makes great thoraxes for bead head flies.
- The fine core absorbs much less water than standard fritz meaning Straggle String UV can be used in dry fly patterns
- Finer material means smaller flies. Sizes 16, 18, and 20 can easily be tied.
- The wide range of natural colours is great for imitating the natural invertebrates that make up fishes’ diet.
- Bright and fluoro colours
- 6m spool